I really like it out here at BYU. My first week was filled with longing for home and my old friends. My second week was getting over all the homesickness and finding my groove. At church today I realized how great it is to be out here at BYU. There are members of the Church everywhere! Back "home" in Stafford I was one of a few and it was hard to always choose the right when I was surrounded by everything not right. Out here at school I don't think I've heard a single curse word and the only foul/dirty jokes are the ones from the show "Whose Line is it Anyways", and those are pretty watered down. In Provo, I really don't have to worry about doing anything "not right" because nobody wants to do anything wrong! I love it!
I've whined and complained in my previous posts but I'm doing good now! I'm having a great time out here and I love hanging out with my roommates.(It was funny, today in Testimony Meeting a girl was talking about how much she loved her roommates and how great they were! It reminded me of the movie Singles' Ward! I thought it was really funny that people actually say stuff like that! HAH!)
Tonight we did "Tunnel Singing" for a ward activity. We all gathered under a tunnel and we sang hymns for an hour. I guess this happens every Sunday and people will hear it and join in. We started with about 20 people but ended with over 50. It was incredible and the spirit was definitely with us. At half time (10:30) they ask if anyone has gotten their mission call and a couple people stood up and said their name and where they were going. One guy got the Stockholm Sweden Mission! I LOVE SWEDEN! hah.... After they say where they are going we sang Called to Serve and It was just a great time and I am so glad that I participated!
My roommates really love that I do waffles for Sunday. Its pretty fun. I love waffles! Sunday waffles has kinda become our "family dinner time" because we all have different schedules so Sunday Waffles is a time we can all gather together and eat dinner. Haha We are basically a little family!
My roommates and I started a pretty funny window message war. I don't have all the pictures yet, but that will hopefully be coming soon!
Ahh, BYU. Where do you think they got all their ideas for Singles Ward? And the great thing is, it only gets better. Have a blast!
ReplyDeleteSorry you got home sick. I love Waffles as well.(maybe I love them more then you do)
ReplyDeleteLove:You're cousin Emma Gentry:)