I get to her housing area right on time but those nerves that came with asking her came right back and I would say that the nerves for picking her up were 10x worse! Man was I nervous! But she walks out of her apartment right as I walk up so it worked out. We talk and walk to the Stadium and it was a lot of fun! whew! I had a really good time and Carrie Underwood melts my heart with her voice. The other performers were just alright. The "Second Generation Osmonds" performed but they sounded like a boy band and it just wasn't entertaining. An award winning piano group played a tribute to John Williams but it was really weird. They played the "Imperial March" and the Cantina Song but they twitched as the played the piano so it looked like they were in pain the whole time!
Since this year is the 100th year of scouting they did a big scouting tribute and actually an Eagle Ceremony too! 260 boys got their Eagle at Stadium of Fire! It was cool, they had all the Eagle Scouts stand up and they said this was probably the largest "Eagle's Nest" in Scouting History. I think it was pretty cool to have been part of that!
The fireworks were AMAZING! There were so many and they were so huge and they were so loud and they were so colorful and bright and big and fantastic and supposedly the largest show in the States! Man they was good!
We think there was a malfunction with one of the fireworks though, a bunch of girls(the dancers of Stadium of Fire) were all on the field dancing with glow sticks and were lined up to look like the outline of our great country, the U.S.A. The show had a few fireworks shooting out from inside the stadium but a couple of them shot strait into the girls with the glow sticks and rolled basically across the whole field! A couple of the dancers moved around and few of them took off running cause it freaked them out, I'm not gonna lie it was kinda funny!
Overall the date was really good and hopefully there will be more!
No comments:
Post a Comment