what a week! This week has been wild and I can't believe how fast its gone! On Monday I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to visit my Browning Cousins at my Uncle Michael's house. It was nice to see everyone and see how much they've grown! I can't believe that Hunter is going to be Freshmen in High school this year! Throughout this week I had a lot of issues with my math class, but I don't want to talk about it! Lets just say, math won't be bothering me for awhile now...
I've written two papers for my American Heritage class and one for my Sociology class! That is WAY too many papers to write! I wrote all three papers in the library. I really like the Library. Last night I had a big one for American Heritage so I got to the Library at 6:30pm and left at 11:55pm! WHEW! Man I was there forever! I was hoping they would play Hawaii Five-O but they played some other Hawaiian themed music. I was there so long because not only did I have to write a paper, I had to do all the research for it too. I actually had about an hour and a half nap when I first got to the HBLL. My laptop case is actually very comfortable! I woke up and there was a guy sitting in the desk next to me. I had to take a second or two to figure out where I was again. But here is some fun things I learned while writing this latest paper! South Carolina threatened to secede from the Union twice before they actually did in 1860. AND, the point that I thought was most interesting was that the South left because it was actually the NORTH who had been breaking the law! Isn't that crazy! The fugitive slave act in the constitution required anyone to turn in runaway slaves, however many northern states made anti-slavery laws that counteracted what was written in the Constitution. The South had been fighting for their State's rights to make laws that counteracted the Constitution (nullification) but they were forbidden by the Federal Government to do so. But here was the North making anti-slavery laws that were in direct opposition to the constitution! The things you learn!
I am in BYUSA and it is great fun! I am on an activities committee responsible for planning and carrying out the Mr.BYU pageant. It's basically a beauty pageant but for guys. It is gonna be hilarious! Apparently my committee did the impossible. We had a blank action plan on Monday and because of poor circumstances we had to get our entire event planned by Friday at 1300. We were able to get it all together and we even have a guest star Emcee, I organized that part, and some famous judges too! I can't wait! I really like being involved in BYUSA but I'm bummed because I'm not gonna be able to do much more with it Pre-mish. The current semester plans events for the next semester. Normally an event is planned in 14 weeks, WE DID IT IN ONE! So now in summer term we're planning for fall but in fall they are planning for winter, I won't be enrolled in winter semester!
On Friday at 1330 we had our meeting with the Activities coordinator and we all went over our action plan and presented our budget. I had to leave after 20 minutes because I had class at 1400! But I got a text about an hour later from our committee head and she told me that we got it passed! YAY! so we went to J-dawgs for dinner to celebrate! I love J-dawgs! I am one of two guys in the committee of 10 and they other guy didn't come to dinner with us, so I was the only male, but that was alright by me, I enjoy attention :p
I faced a demon within me yesterday. Humor U is a comedy club here at BYU and they had their show last night. I REALLY wanted to go and I had the opportunity to get a ticket and I had group of friends going. However, I knew I needed to get that Civil War paper done. I tried to reason to myself how I could get the paper done tonight AND go to Humor U but because of how fast this semester has been and how short it is, I knew that I needed to get the paper done ASAP. But "I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul!" and Mamma! I chose to do my paper instead of going to Humor U! It might not seem like much, but I felt very accomplished. I'm usually not one to turn down fun activities!
Last night I got home from the Library at midnight. I made some spaghetti and then hit the sack! but less than five minutes later some ladies were banging on my window, asking if I would come out and chill with them. I said, "are you kidding me, its 1 in the morning!" they said "yea but its Friday night!" I said, "No, its Saturday morning! I was at the library from 6:30 to midnight! I'M SLEEPING NOW!" I think they finally got the hint that I, in fact, did NOT want to hang out in the middle of the night, so they left. Ladies, please, leave me alone!
Tonight I am going to my little cousin Riley's baptism. I am very excited for him! I don't think I've ever been to the baptisms of any of my extended family so feel very fortunate to have this opportunity to be a part of it. I really hate not having any pictures to go along with all these words but alas, I've no new fun pictures to post!
No comments:
Post a Comment