OK! enough ranting! It was a great dinner and so now I'll only focus on how great it was!
Like I said, an invitation was made for them (by me) and a picture is featured at the bottom. The "HMC" (another thing I came up with) stands for the guys in my dorm. We are the "Handsome Men Club". Of course we didn't tell the girls what it meant until they were over. So we made the invitation on Tuesday and slipped it under their door that same night. We told them to dress in business attire, which, no one except Alec(one of my roommates) seemed to know what it meant. Like, 2 minutes after we dropped it off, we got texts saying, "What does business attire mean?!" Alec said they would know what it meant, but no one did. Hah. We ended up telling them to dress like they would for a church dance.
The Menu consisted of a three course dinner. We would start with a salad, have enchiladas for the main course, and then have s'more brownies for desert. On the Friday, Me, Curtis, and Conner went over to the Central Office building and picked up all the dishes and the table cloths and all the fancy stuff. At about 4 I started making the enchiladas. Everyone had a job. Curtis set the table, Conner was on the beautification team. He cleaned all the pots and pans we used to make the meal. Jordan and Alec were just kinda taking up space. Jordan ended up helping Conner clean and I made Alec brown the hamburger. It was a little stressful because we really wanted to be RIGHT on time. The kitchen was spotless and the food was in the oven. We told the girls to be there at 5:30 but of course, they didn't get there until 5:50! So the food wasn't as hot as I would have liked because I was ready right at 5:30! Part of us getting ready consisted of what we would wear. I had the idea of wearing church pants, a button up shirt and then a vest. I brought two vests and Alec and Jordan both brought two, so we had plenty! Although we looked fancy, I wanted to add a quirky twist! We were barefoot! So the dinner was fancy, but sorta silly at the same time! I mean, Enchiladas on fine China?! It was great! The girls knocked on the door and we sent Alec to get the door while the rest of us stood behind the chairs. The girls walked in and were amazed at how cool the kitchen looked! They had no idea what we were doing so it all came as a big shock! Again, it was great! I had my Ipod cued to Vivaldi's Spring so as they sat down the classical music started(Another one of MY ideas for which credit escaped me) It was a great touch! The dinner was delicious and Conner's brownies were fantastic. Conversation started a little slow because maybe we were being a little too fancy, but as the dinner went on, we were all talking and it was a great way to bond with our FHE sisters. F.Smith boys are clearly not as refined as the Men from Snow Hall was the message we were trying to convey and we think it worked! Our FHE sisters like us WAY more than the guys from F. Smith! But anyways, the dinner was AWESOME and just a blast!
I ranted a little bit about the whole "credit" thing. I wouldn't have cared had I not gotten any credit, but what killed me is that the entire night was my design and one roommate in particular took credit for things he didn't do! I don't know why he kept bringing stuff up and I wasn't going to stick up and say, "Alec, you didn't do anything!" because that would make me look bad! I would have gladly said that the whole night was a group effort, but he started pin pointing what everyone did and he minimized my HUGE contributions and made it seem like he did a lot! I was not happy about it, but I didn't let it bother me, because I was going to have fun with the activity that I made happen!
There is my Fancy dinner story!
On Sunday, I think, I made some Caramel apples. they were delicious, and beautiful. I borrowed chocolate chips from my FHE sisters and because I did so, I planned on giving my sisters one of them. I made it look like a unicorn because, well, inside joke, but it originated from the Unicorn song Agnes sings in Despicable Me. When I went to deliver it, Alec saw me leaving and wanted to go over there with me. I didn't have a problem with it but when we got there, he was like "Look what WE made you!" AHHHHHHHH! HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! One of the girls took a picture of it and put it on facebook and tagged both him and me with the caption, "our FHE brothers are the best!" I think I'm just jealous...I'm all about helping a brother out with the ladies, but I can only let them hang on my coattail for so long!
This post may have seemed angry, but I had a great time with the fancy dinner and at least my caramel apples were delicious!

The girls sent us this thank you letter afterwards
dude. don't let the moocher roommate take all your credit.
ReplyDeletethat was a fabulous idea though, LOVED it!
ReplyDeletefirst you need to get rid of your angry eyes - you have GREAT ideas and someday one of those sister's is gonna know that it was ALL you and it will be worth all your efforts :)
ReplyDeleteMom, my eyebrows slant downward, its impossible for me to remove my angry eyes...
ReplyDelete