School has been good. It's getting a little monotonous but that's school for ya! I like all my classes, for the most part, and I'm making lots of friends and bettering my relationships with my current friends. I recently put in my mission papers and I'm just trying to keep everything in perspective. Today in Church the Bishop called all the young men who received their calls and asked them to announce where they were called to. Two guys walked up and the first one said "Mexico", he walked back to the stairs and the second young man announced his location. He said "Italy" instantly, a huge gasp and "wows" could be heard along with quiet cheering. I thought that act of "wowing" was so rude! Nobody wowed for the Mexico call! It was embarrassing and just rude, the indecency just killed me. That Mexico call probably means the world to that guy! I think I'm being sensitive to the issue because I'll be getting my call soon and I don't want anyone to judge it for me! Each missionary candidate is chosen to a certain location by divine inspiration! I don't need some stupid Utah Mormons telling me a call to a state side mission or Mexico isn't adequate!
My Mom just sent me some pictures through facebook of me from I believe fifth grade! They are of me folk dancing! WHOA! I remember doing the folk dancing during recces but the pictures are from our performance. I totally forgot about the performance until I saw these pictures! I wish that my start with folk dancing in 5th grade would have made me better! I love doing it but I get pretty lost sometimes!
This one is my favorite...It shows I've got that double step down!

Now I get to just try to make it through the week! My roommate and friend Conner Blake got two tickets to the Sunday Morning First Session of General Conference so that will knock out one of my goals for being in Utah! I'm pretty excited! The only problem, is I don't know if I've ever made it through General Conference without falling asleep!
The world just might be ending...you MADE your BED?!? ;)
ReplyDeletelava yous!