Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Love Story By Jason Hunt

I figured I would change up my routine a bit. I wrote a story, I'm not much a story teller so I'm doing this to get better! So this story is based (well, not really) on trued events. The actual ending is sad and nothing like the ending of this upcoming story, so I changed it up, because, who doesn't love a happy ending?!

Author's Note: Any similarities to any real persons are strictly coincidental

Once upon a time in a magical and happy valley, there lived a handsome young prince. This prince had traveled very far to reach this magical and happy valley to study its ways of happiness. One day, as the prince was walking through the Wilkinson Center on his way back to his castle, a humble bard approached him and said, "My lord, thine feet have been blessed with the skill to move in a manor pleasing unto all, whilst thou honour our band of entertainers by auditioning for the BYU folk dance club?" The prince thought to himself, "well mine feet have blessed, eh, why-est not?!" The Prince, being a prince taught in the ways of social etiquette and cultural dances, graced the floor with his skills of dancing and was graciously accepted by the traveling entertainers to join their ranks. "Every Wednesday is folk dance rec night, you are required to be there, oh yes, and bring your non-folk dancing friends along, this event is for everyone!" Said the entertainer who was running the show. "That chief entertainer is a gypsy! thought the prince, I better do what she says or else she'll curse me!"

So the prince went to folk dance rec night, even after his roommates made clever jousts at him for it. Because our handsome prince went without bringing any non folk dancing friends, he just hung out around the water fountain until the actual dancing started. The dance started with the gypsy lady taking the magical device used to speak loudly, and described what dance would start the event. It was a partner dance. "Excellent, thought the prince, time to find a suitable partner." A rather attractive female was standing in a crowd of other attractive females and caught the prince's attention. "With that high level of attraction, she MUST be a princess! And a suitable folk dance partner!" The prince asked the princess to dance with him and of course, because he was a handsome prince, the princess accepted the offer. The dance went smoothly, with both laughing at their mistakes and having a grand old time. The particular dance the royalty grooved too was from Germany. After the German folk song ended, the prince, being a gentlemen, thanked the princess for a lovely dance while the music for the next song began. The princess inquired of the prince: "Do you want to be partners again?" The prince contemplated the matter, but the answer was quite obvious to him, OF COURSE! He said "My feet, and my heart, are at your service." The two joined hands, and by doing so, they joined hearts. For the rest of the evening, the two danced with such elegance, Apollo and his Muses kindled jealousy within their hearts.

The gypsy said "We put up the rolls, so if you're in a dance class, come sign up!" The two had to part so the prince could sign the roll, stating he was present, but while doing so, the princess disappeared. The princess was not required to sign the roll so the two did not accompany each other to the table. The prince returned to their departing spot, but the princess was gone! All that was left, was a simple brown shoe. He pocketed the slipper but music began to echo through the grand dancing hall and a new dance was initiated. A fair maiden approached the prince and requested his companionship for the dance. They joined hands, but his heart remained with the lost princess. He continued to look for her throughout the remainder of folk dance rec night, but to no avail. She was gone. Perhaps, the gypsy turned her into a canary, or even made her disappear. The prince began to despair, believing he would never see his beloved again. The travel back to his castle was lonely. "Why didst she depart from me? I couldn't even acquire her digits! Perhaps she was all an illusion, a mortal woman of that beauty could not possibly exist, she could have only been a piece of my imagination!

The next day, the prince performed his daily routine of educating his mind in the ways of happiness the valley had to offer. When the sun reached high noon, the prince began to daydream of his lost princess as he took the little shoe from his satchel. Where could she be? The prince began to doubt her existence, and at high noon, decreed to himself, that looking for the lost princess was a wild goose chase! There are hundreds of woman in this happy valley, how could he expect to see a particular one ever again! After he gave up on his lost princess he began to walk to his next class. As he waited for the stop light to turn red, which allowed travelers to cross the busy road, he spied a young girl, radiating with light, across the street. She was missing a shoe. This was clearly the lost princess from the night before! The prince could see a smile emanating from her angelic face and the prince couldn't help but smile back. She said "Hey!" and gave him a friendly wave. The prince returned the wave and also her shoe. "I believe this is yours" He said with a grin. "Yes, yes it is" she said. The two walked off together, and folk danced their way into eternal bliss.
THE END

The more I read it, the dumber I think it is! But I already wrote it, so I might as well post it! right?
so here are the actual non-embellished events
-I got a flier to audition for the BYU folk dance club from a guy at the Folk dance booth and he said "hey, you look like a folk dancers!" (But they say that to everyone to get their attention).
-I went to the auditions and didn't make it but I made it as an alternate
-I got a call from the teacher saying someone dropped out and wondered if I wanted to fill the spot
-At Folk Dance Rec night, I did meet a pretty cute girl who I danced with most of the night, but when I went to sign the roll, saying I went, the girl disappeared.
-The next day, while walking to my various classes, I would keep an eye out just in case I saw her again.
-I decided that I would probably never see her again, so I stopped looking. Immediately after I decided this, I turned a corner and across the sidewalk, guess who I saw?! The girl I danced with! We both smiled, said hey! and waved, but both of us continued walking.

I took those facts and turned them into a love story! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment