Friday, September 17, 2010

I never thought I'd look forward to Monday

Seriously. I wish it was the start of the week. Monday, Wednesday and Friday have become my favorite days! Mostly because of my folk dance class. It's my favorite and not only because I really enjoy it, but the girls are so talented and so pretty! You just can't loose with a class like that! For my Humanities class I am required to go to "cultural events" like plays, musicals, dance performances and the such. This weekend is the World of Dance performance so I have to attend and write a 3 page analysis on it. I bought two tickets with the anticipation of asking a girl to go on a date with me. Well, that didn't happen! I wanted to ask a particular young woman to go with me but I found out that she was already going so I got spooked and didn't ask her...so now I'm going with my roommate Conner.

I love BYU. This is the world's greatest school and its just so fun. Everyone is nice. The community actually reminds me a little bit of living on base overseas. Overseas, all the Americans are roughly in the same situation so they are nicer to each other because they can relate with one another. At BYU, everyone, mostly everyone, is just nice to each other because roughly everyone is a genuinely nice person! We can also all relate(except Utah Mormons) to being a "minority" back home. But I really love it out here and tomorrow we better kick Florida State's trash!

I finally took the time to officially organize my room. I kept making excuses to avoid organizing my closet and under my bed, but I finally ran out of excuses so now, after about 2 hours, my room is completely organized and everything has a home. Our room looks 10x better now! It was never messy, but my closet and side of the desk was cluttered and generally unorganized! But now, it looks beautiful!

My weekend starts very soon. I have one more class but I'm not really doing much this weekend so I'm not all that excited for it.
Oh! fun fact, I got a calling this past week. I'm on the activities committee, which is actually the calling I've wanted since the summer! I am very excited about it!

I've found my groove for getting all my work done so I've had a lot more free time this past week. The first two weeks were such a rush to get all my work done but I think I've gotten into a system and I'm in my groove. Like now, I've already finished my homework for today and Monday and I'm almost done with my work for Tuesday! It's such a relief to have your homework done before its due, because then, you can get the other stuff done, or have free time!

I found out this past week that the earliest I can get my Mission Papers in is this upcoming Thursday, so if everything works out, MY PAPERS WILL BE IN THIS UPCOMING WEEK! AHHH! I'm so excited! I think I'm most anxious to find out where I'm going! And I'm pretty excited to have a two year break from school! woohoo! However, I'm also a little bummed about it. I really do like school. I like learning stuff. In my humanities class we learn a bunch of random tidbits about cultures and I just love it! I've also figured out what I like. In high school, I used to love my science classes and hate English, but now, I hate going to science and I'd rather write a paper than work out some science problem! I hated math in high school and now in college, I still hate it. I hope I learn a new language for my mission then I can major in the language and never do math again. I passionately hate going to my math class. It's evil.

But on a positive note, it's Friday!

1 comment:

  1. wonderful post and I am SO excited about how if you get things done BEFORE they are due what a great feeling it is - you make me soooo proud! :) I also agree that math IS evil - but don't tell cameron! ;)

    ReplyDelete