Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"I got bettuh"

Well everything has suddenly taken a turn for the better and sunshine is shining down on me. First, I got to see my best buddy since birth, Bryce Skankey and the rest of the Skankeys, and I have been hanging out with them the past few days! Second, well this one is actually a double edged sword. I got my math stuff all taken care of so now I'm in the system but that means I have a ton of make up work to do and I will probably be playing catch up for the awhile! Bleh! Third, I GOT A DATE! haha... So there is really cute girl in my Sociology class that I noticed on the first day and I had been planning on saying "hi" to her since then. I couldn't build up the courage for some reason. I think that while they were shaving my head they shaved off all my confidence and left me "swag-less." So I have had a hard time gathering my old confident self back together.

I have tickets to the "Stadium of Fire" here at Provo, which is apparently a huge deal, all thanks to my mama! Thank you Mama! So I told Miss Tish that the Stadium of Fire was at the end of this week and she told me that I had better act quick! She told me that I should finally say hi to this girl and then ask her on a date to the stadium of fire! I totally had to sike myself up to do something like this so all that night I planned out in my head how I would talk to her and then ask her. So this was my plan. I would say hi and chat a bit at the beginning of class and then after class ask her! So this is what happened...exactly as I planned! There's a first! I said, so Mallory, do you like Country music? she said something like, "yea its alright I guess" then I said, "well do you like Carrie Underwood? and she responded, "oh yea, all girls love Carrie Underwood!" then I went in for the kill! "what are you doing Saturday night?" and she said " No way! do you have tickets to Stadium of fire?!" and I said "you bet babe." Then we hopped on my Harley and drove off into the sunset.

True story, real talk.

Ever since then I have only been able to see the good side of things! Hah!

I went to IKEA with the Skankey's and we walked around looking for a bed for Rob and Mel for post wedding life. While we were waiting for Mel we all sat at one of the "living rooms" and watched "The Incredibles." I actually fell asleep on my lime green therepy couch and everybody said I was getting strange looks the whole time I was out! IKEA was fun, but we were there for a long time. I felt bad for Rob as we loaded up the car with all these boxes knowing that he would have to eventually put them together! I always hated when my mom came home with IKEA boxes because I would be the one that had to construct them!
After all that we went to Wendy's for dinner and then they took me home. Tomorrow I am hanging out with them again because it is Bryce's official last day. He checks into the MTC on Wednesday at 1:15! pretty exciting!

This monday, I think and hope, is the start of a good week!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like the most awesome way to start the week. Remember you make them good weeks so keep your head up and keep smiling. Love you!!!!! PS you are soooo welcome for the tickets - I hope you have a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha that was an awesome conversation. yay for fun plans this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, what a conversation! (Where'd you pick up the Harley? I want one).

    ReplyDelete