Sunday, December 12, 2010

With Every End Comes a New Beginning

It has been incredibly hard getting myself ready to depart from my current residence at BYU. I have had such an uplifting experience here in Provo and it just kills me that I have to leave. I've learned so much, not only academics, but spiritual knowledge, as well as knowledge about myself. I've come to appreciate the ancient words of the prophets as well as the words of the prophet today. I feel so indebted to my Heavenly Father for my countless blessings. I have had so much fun, met amazing people, and learned so much. I'm getting ready to leave for a mission in February and I know this is a way I can express my gratitude toward God, by extending my service to my fellow children of God. My experience here as a Freshman in college has been such an enlightening one, I can only thank the Lord and my parents for it.

On the topic of gratitude, I feel it necessary that I need to be more grateful. I need to appreciate people for who they are and learn from what they have to offer. My roommates have taught me this lesson. By observing the other guys my age, but from different backgrounds, I have learned so much. From Curtis, I learned the value of listening. More often than not, it is easiest to avoid conflict by letting some one speak their mind without interruption. From Conner, I learned organization. Organization leads to less stress and anxiety. From Alec, I learned determination. Practice makes perfect, and when you struggle if you're just starting out, keep at it and eventually you might be decent at whatever it is you set out to do. From Jordan, I learned the value of an embrace. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of giving hugs, especially to other dudes, but Jordan taught me to be there for someone if needed.

I am at a loss of words to express how I feel at this present time. I am filled with more grief than I am worry. However, I am so grateful for the time i have been able to spend here in Provo and I can't wait to get back. But in the mean time, I know that I need to prove to my God that I am truly grateful and that I am his servant.

I want to optimistic about being away from school and not on a mission for the next two months, so I will do all that I can to better myself. I'm going to study my scriptures and improve my handwriting. I know that I need to keep myself busy or else I will just sit and stew. If anyone has any ideas as to how to make 2 months fly by. Let me know.

Again, I am filled with so much gratitude for the time I have been able to spend here at BYU.

Adiós

1 comment:

  1. I am grateful for you. Be safe coming home - I am thinking that could also be said by Heavenly Father when He sent you to earth to be in our family "be safe coming home". I love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete