Friday, March 5, 2010

The Inception

It seems to me that a lot of my family members and friends are getting "blog spots" so I figured I would join the band wagon.
I'm not sure exactly what one is supposed to do on this wagon but I'm sure I will figure it out.

Speaking of "The Inception", I have recently read the first chapter of my American Heritage text book for BYU Independent study. I have noticed a HUGE difference in the reading material between a high school text book and college text book. The college text book is much more entertaining! I figure "you get what you pay for" applies to this situation. (High school is free, college you pay) The Author of my American Heritage book, as far as I can tell, absolutely loves history and his passion demonstrated throughout the text makes reading it fun! Even though the reading is quite enjoyable, the study guide questions at the end are pretty extreme and require a short essay for even the simplest question!

After reading the first chapter, I have discovered that my personal philosophy is closest to Aristotle's. Isn't that exciting!?

No comments:

Post a Comment