Sunday, March 14, 2010
"If music be the food of love sing on sing oonn sing ooonnn sing oooonnnn!"
I have started to form an appreciation of classical music. I found a large amount of CD's labeled "Masters of the Classics" or something like that, and I decided to put them on my Itunes to how they sounded. There were about 6 or 7 different composers but I only put about 3 of those CD's on my Ipod. So now I have Beethoven, Mozart, and Tchaikovsky in my arsenal of jamming equipment. I am proud to say that I can listen to the beginning of one of their songs and usually properly guess which composer wrote it! In addition, I learned that the Sleeping Beauty song ( "I knoooow yooou I walked with you onnnnnnce upon a dreeeeeam") was actually composed by Tchaikovsky! Disney just added words! And! that song is actually called "The Sleeping Beauty Suite" or something very similar to that! I knew Disney liked to take old stories and "Disney-ify" them, but who knew he was taking classical music and "Disney-ifying" it!? Is Bach the true composer of "zip-a-dee-doo-dah"?! I think I even heard that "pink elephants on parade" is actually a Pachelbel original!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment