Sunday, November 14, 2010

Smile like you mean it

Its been a significant amount of time since I've last written in this here blog, so since I'm awake, I figured I would leave a quick note.

Life is good. Specifically, life is good when you have an optimistic perspective. Those who know me very well (my mom) would probably argue that I am never optimistic and I can find something to complain about in every situation! This may or may not be true, but in previous posts I've mentioned my ambitions to do small things in order to become "a better person."
I was getting really stressed after mid-terms because my tests exhibited scores I didn't think reflected the things I'd learned, or my intelligence. So I decided not to stress about it. I've seen people (my roommates and friends) and how they act when they're stressed and I thought to myself "Do I look that pathetic when I'm stressed about a test or a project?" My solution has been to do what I know to do (study for tests and do my homework and all) but to not beat myself up if I don't perform as well as I had hoped. In the words of Robert Frost, "In three words I can sum up everything I have learned in life: it goes on." I've been trying to have more perspective for life/school, although I am still working hard for good grades, what happens happens I guess. In my English class I have been so determined to get a perfect score on a paper, my last one was a 94%, but I again, as long as I'm doing what I should, what happens happens. In complete opposition, in Math 110, I'm just gunning to pass that darn class! I find it interesting how my goals for each of my classes differ, in English and Humanities I just want a 100% on a paper(in English my highest has been a 95% and in humanities my highest is a 98%, so close!)but for Math 110 and physical science, I don't think I've ever prayed so hard in my life!

So in summary, as long as you're optimistic, the troubles don't seem so bad and things turn out in the end (or so I hope, finals are in 4 weeks! AH!).

I can't believe the Fall semester is almost over. It just blows my mind! I've had so much fun at BYU and I just can't imagine leaving it for now! I am very excited to serve a mission but I don't think it will really hit me until perhaps the day I leave for Spain.

In conclusion, I'm having a great time out here in school and I'm doing well in all my classes (minus Math 110 and physical science where it's turning into a struggle to pass!) But the good outweigh the bad, or so I hope(GPA speaking)(doing good in 6 out of 8 classes is good right?!).

3 comments:

  1. okay?! how come everyone 'officially' follows YOUR blog?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because sometimes people get tired of too much grape and they settle with cherry!;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have you know that I NEVER get tired of grape OR cherry! They are both favorites!!!!

    ReplyDelete